Where am I and why am I here?
This is a blog centred around ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) from the perspective of myself, Sarah. I should also mention that I happen to be an autistic woman currently studying at university. It contains lots of interesting and hopefully useful information, so please have a look!
What Are Other People Saying?
Well, I’m a man, so there’s that. My “savant” skill is with written English. (I’m a professional Wielder of the…
Great post. I’m mum to a 10 year old autistic boy and want him to adopt the same attitude of…
[…] necessarily express it in the expected way. I have talked about this before in a previous post (please click…
This was very interesting. I would absolutely read a full book about Ethel and Mygdon. Thanks!
Enter your email address below to be kept up to date with the latest posts!
- Germany Made Me GayHello folks! I thought a nice wholesome topic for this post would be my coming out! I promise that my ASD is relevant to the story, and I think it also raises some interesting ideas about how autism and sexual orientation are intertwined. When I was in year 6 (the last year of primary school… Continue reading Germany Made Me Gay
- I Think Hermione Is AutisticHello folks! One topic that I have been wondering whether or not to write about is representation in media: autistic representation that is. It is quite a tricky topic due to conflicting ideas about what autism is, and so I have largely ignored it. However, the time has come where I have managed to corral… Continue reading I Think Hermione Is Autistic
- Supermarket Trauma and the HolidaysHello folks, ‘tis the season to be jolly, regardless of whether you celebrate Christmas or not. I was raised Catholic and so I grew up celebrating it but given my decision to turn my back on God and be a heathen, I have swapped out the nativity characters and replaced them with dinosaurs. I thought… Continue reading Supermarket Trauma and the Holidays
- Quiz: What Flavour Autism Do You Have?Hello folks, I thought I might try out a new type of post today! The nonsensical idea of putting autistic people in boxes is frustratingly pervasive, and however much the community points out the ridiculousness of it, the Karens of the world refuse to let it die out. (Note, you do not have to be… Continue reading Quiz: What Flavour Autism Do You Have?
- Difficult Pifficult Lemon SquifficultHello folks! Given we are in the midst of a global pandemic, it is entirely possible that some of you may read this post and think “wow, that was poorly timed.” I quite understand that reaction because this post is about being in a country with a native language different to your own. To be… Continue reading Difficult Pifficult Lemon Squifficult