Where am I and why am I here?
This is a blog centred around ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) from the perspective of myself, Sarah. I should also mention that I happen to be an autistic woman currently studying at university. It contains lots of interesting and hopefully useful information, so please have a look!
What Are Other People Saying?
I loved this post. You did a great job laying out the benefits of karate and other martial arts. Martial…
I am on the autistic spectrum as well and I can totally relate to everything that you have said here!…
I like this one so much! It isn’t fair that autistic people have to be better than other people. We…
Love it xD
Yes, exactly! Life is so full of tasks and bad news, especially lately. We need a little nonsense.
Enter your email address below to be kept up to date with the latest posts!
- On The Assumption Of IncompetenceHello folks, a couple of weeks ago I spoke at the Autism In Higher Education conference on the topic “On The Assumption Of Incompetence”. It was the first time I have ever spoken at such an event and I am very happy with how it went. I thought I would share my talk with you… Continue reading On The Assumption Of Incompetence
- An Autistic Guide To Martial ArtsHello folks, I think we can all agree that there is precious little more annoying than someone telling you how great exercise is when you’re struggling. Therefore, I decided to write a post about the benefits of exercise… kind of. By no means do I think exercise is any sort of ‘miracle cure’, especially as… Continue reading An Autistic Guide To Martial Arts
- I May Be An Idiot, But I’m Not StupidHello folks! The idea for this post came to me while I was brushing my teeth this morning and thinking about how much easier it is since realising I’m allergic to artificial mint flavouring. It turns out that your mouth isn’t supposed to feel like it’s on fire! Nor is it normal to stand at… Continue reading I May Be An Idiot, But I’m Not Stupid
- Paula And I Talk About Autism… ft. My Ex-Girlfriend?Hello and welcome to episode 7 of the I Don’t Sound Autistic podcast! This is part 2 of my chat with Paula, and this time we actually talk about autism! We cover topics such as how she feels as an allistic (non-autistic) person involved in helping with social media, to mental health, to our idea… Continue reading Paula And I Talk About Autism… ft. My Ex-Girlfriend?
- 1 Year Anniversary!!!Hello folks and welcome to an extra special video post because today the blog turns 1-year-old! I don’t usually wear a tie around the house, but I thought I’d put a bit of effort in! I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all the support and engagement I’ve had with the blog.… Continue reading 1 Year Anniversary!!!