Where am I and why am I here?
This is a blog centred around ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) from the perspective of myself, Sarah. I should also mention that I happen to be an autistic woman currently studying at university. It contains lots of interesting and hopefully useful information, so please have a look!
What Are Other People Saying?
[…] and autism misconceptions. Below is a re-posting of a transcript that originally appeared on her website on July 20,…
I loved this post. You did a great job laying out the benefits of karate and other martial arts. Martial…
I am on the autistic spectrum as well and I can totally relate to everything that you have said here!…
I like this one so much! It isn’t fair that autistic people have to be better than other people. We…
Love it xD
Enter your email address below to be kept up to date with the latest posts!
- I Don’t Look… Like A Designer?Hello folks, I am beyond excited to be putting out this bonus post, as it is the culmination of months of planning and work! I have been working on a secret project and I can finally reveal it as it is now live. What is the project you may ask? Well, it’s this: I love… Continue reading I Don’t Look… Like A Designer?
- One Girl’s Journey On The London UndergroundHello folks! Welcome back to I Don’t Look Autistic after I took a brief break to study for some exams I didn’t want to fail! Thank you for being patient with me so I can sort out my life! This particular post has been planned for a couple of months and I just never got… Continue reading One Girl’s Journey On The London Underground
- On The Assumption Of IncompetenceHello folks, a couple of weeks ago I spoke at the Autism In Higher Education conference on the topic “On The Assumption Of Incompetence”. It was the first time I have ever spoken at such an event and I am very happy with how it went. I thought I would share my talk with you… Continue reading On The Assumption Of Incompetence
- An Autistic Guide To Martial ArtsHello folks, I think we can all agree that there is precious little more annoying than someone telling you how great exercise is when you’re struggling. Therefore, I decided to write a post about the benefits of exercise… kind of. By no means do I think exercise is any sort of ‘miracle cure’, especially as… Continue reading An Autistic Guide To Martial Arts
- I May Be An Idiot, But I’m Not StupidHello folks! The idea for this post came to me while I was brushing my teeth this morning and thinking about how much easier it is since realising I’m allergic to artificial mint flavouring. It turns out that your mouth isn’t supposed to feel like it’s on fire! Nor is it normal to stand at… Continue reading I May Be An Idiot, But I’m Not Stupid