Where am I and why am I here?
This is a blog centred around ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) from the perspective of myself, Sarah. I should also mention that I happen to be an autistic woman currently studying at university. It contains lots of interesting and hopefully useful information, so please have a look!
What Are Other People Saying?
Your post reminds me very much of this old document the Autism Liberation Front used to have up, and has…
Reblogged this on the autistic witch and commented: i had a very good laugh! 😀
this is precious! thank you so much for writing and sharing this! 💛
HAHA, THIS IS HILARIOUS!!! 😂
Enter your email address below to be kept up to date with the latest posts!
- How Glee Contributed to a Major Life LessonHello folks! Today’s post is all about social interaction and social cues, two things that are notoriously difficult for autistic people to understand and interpret. This topic has come up in my life recently after my girlfriend and I were discussing our usual routine when we are watching Netflix and chilling. (Not that sort of… Continue reading How Glee Contributed to a Major Life Lesson
- Why am I in a Wheelchair?Hello folks, this post is going to be centred around the autistic experience in hospital, specifically in England, as is my experience. I’m going to put a trigger warning here for restraint and general health stuff. Let’s get cracking. A few weeks ago I was hospitalised for 6 days for an illness that I’ve had… Continue reading Why am I in a Wheelchair?
- A Simple Guide To Non-AutismHello folks, it occurred to me whilst reading some information on what an autistic person supposedly presents as, that it might be fun to flip the script, so to speak. I thought that it was time to describe non-autistic people the way we are described! I read a few different sources and have devised a… Continue reading A Simple Guide To Non-Autism
- Time To Crack Some Eggs!Hello folks, today’s post is almost entirely centred around a metaphor that I came up with at 1:58am on 24th December. I know the day and time exactly because I have a voice note of me attempting to explain it. I have been meaning to make a post about it since then but have been… Continue reading Time To Crack Some Eggs!
- Hermione Is Autistic 2: Electric Boogaloo*** I guess there are technically spoilers here, but come on, you’ve had enough time to read the books by now *** Hello folks! This post is not what I was intending to publish today but is rather a passive-aggressive response to an argument I had a while ago about Hermione Granger. In a previous… Continue reading Hermione Is Autistic 2: Electric Boogaloo
This post has been a revelation to me, I have never considered that when someone says something needs to be…